Saturday, December 31, 2016

My Top 10 Favorite Creations for 2016

The idea to post my Top Ten Favorite 2016 creations comes from a very talented, sweet lady Karine Gagnon . What a novel idea to test myself with this!  Since I love everything I create, to some degree, I was a little apprehensive at first, but in the end I was able to pick out ten personal favorites rather quickly.....
however, I'm unable to pick my very most favorite of the year because I have several. : )

In order by creation date here are my 2016 Top 10 faves with links to original detailed posts:

BFF Easel Card
I consider this my first easel card. It has very special meaning in my heart because I made it for my very best friend of 41 years - Carmel.  She is my sister at heart, my earthly angel & I love her to the depth of my soul. 


This one brings joyful memories and big smiles watching my little Lucy close her eyes and raise her nose to sniff the air as she sat at the open window on a breezy, beautiful Spring day!



Until one has loved an animal
This one is self-explanatory.  It brings out joy and heartache all at once because there is nothing in the world like loving an animal and being loved by them in return. The emotion it evokes is just remarkable.  Thanks to my sweet friend Carrie for sharing this wonderful Pinterest photo with me!




Capturing Lucy's striking eyes in the right light is always such a gift! She seems to look right through to your soul.  This layout has been my FaceBook cover since it was created. I plan to keep it there quite a long time >^..^<  



Lucy's pose is awesomely perfect!  I ADORE this photo of her.  



My little "Pepperoni", "P-Baby", "Crazy"....what a sweet little dog.  She turned 12 in 2016.  We love her to death!


Any time I'm able to capture Miss Gali with her eyes open wide, I consider that photo a keepsake treasure!  She is such a gorgeous, timid and loving cat.   



How wonderful to be able to catch a pigeon just beginning to land on Brianne's (my daughter) hand to feed!  I am especially happy that I was able to mimic the brick and stone in the photo!  The terracotta and blue tones look great together!



I am so very proud to have had such a beautiful mother.  I'm so pleased with my handmade frame and how all of the colors coordinated so well together!



This last creation in 2016 exhilarates me!  The color combination is spectacular and I'm very partial to butterflies.  I'm a purple-holic so entering this in a challenge with an outrageously gorgeous color scheme of purples, black, grays, white drew me right in!


Thank you for dropping by and I hope you all have a very Happy, Healthy & Loving New Year in 2017. Lisa : )

3 comments:

  1. Your fave 10 are amazing! One and all gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you'll create in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fab collection of work! Those photos of your cats are truly amazing and I spied quite a bit of Dusty Attic chipboard in there too! Best wishes for a wonderful 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful portfolio of work! I can't decide on my favorite...I really love "Portrait of Galadrial" especially...those blues with those blue eyes are so striking! I love them all though! Of course I love the "Until One Has Loved an Animal" too!! ;) Well you have such great subjects to work with! I had never heard of Birmans before, but I am so in love with them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!