Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Mardi Gras Paisley

Another day of scrapping instead of doing 'necessary' duties around the house!  LOL!
  Scrapping is much more rewarding!


This is the final Glamour Shots photo I'm scrapping of myself, taken in 1993 at age 32.  
I'm a purple-holic (times a million) for those that don't know me.  
I knew which paper collection to dive into and that is Maja Design's Enjoying Outdoors collection!  
I usually don't scrap on "busy" printed paper, but the flesh colored background with the absolute perfect match of fuchsia color in the flowers to the earrings & vest I have on just could not be overlooked. 
I took inspiration from other papers in the same collection to frame the photo. 



The colors that emerged during the creation process reminded me so much of Mardi Gras.
  Being a Louisiana girl, I couldn't pass up the chance to use it in my title....
and you will see close ups of the fleur di lis embellishments later.  
Also, I'm drawn to the paisley shape.  I always have been and I don't know why.  
With the nice swirls in my vest and the oh-so-phenomenally-gorgeous Dusty Attic paisley chipboard
it just seemed fitting to title this layout "Mardi Gras Paisley". 



I emboss-painted the beautiful paisley chipboard because it deserved to be multi-colored!
 Blue Fern Studios Imagine Ink embossing powder Celestial gave some outline and WOW what sparkly! 
The green is BFS Summer Leaves that has gold sparkles in it and the gold is 14 Karat.  
The fuchsia color is simply inked in Perfect Plumeria & topped with Frosted Lace Stickles.
  Bling and metallic nailheads added some extra interest to the piece.





Now for the girly flower arrangements!  
I must first start with Carrie's (my dear, sweet friend who makes gorgeous flowers!)
 beautiful purple-plum-periwinkle flowers!  
OMG! They were so perfect to add the extra "Oomph" I was looking for!



Here are close ups at different angles of the flower arrangements.  
All of the darker purple flowers were handmade by Carrie!  
How perfect that she placed beautiful gold beads and a stick pin top to the centers!  
I gotta say it again....it was meant to be!





Check out the two fleur di lis embellishments.  
I rubbed gold wax on both of these pieces for added "goldness".  




More flowers:






Thank you again so very much for visiting and any comments are always read and taken to heart.  
Have a wonderful week!  Lisa : )


Products used:

Maja Design - Enjoying Outdoors collection -
Autumn Picnic

I'm Happy

Feeling Good

What a Beautiful Day (backside)


Martha Stewart Punch set - Crotchet Loop

The Dusty Attic - Paisley #3

Jolee's Fleur di Lis

Tattered Lace dies -
Paradise Ferns

Ornate Leaves

Sizzix - Big Shot

Prima Flowers - lavender

Wild Orchid Crafts - 
MINI Purple Mix Sweetheart Blossoms

Purple Bead Berry Spray

Blue Fern Studios Imagine Ink embossing powders - 

Celestial


14 Karat

Summer Leaves

Ranger Stickles - Frosted Lace

Viva Decor - Inka Gold - "Gold"
Bling - Lavender, green, gold nailheads
VersaMagic Chalk Inks - Perfect Plumeria & Purple Hydrangea
Michael's - glittery gold cardstock; oval purple fiber bead; metal fleur di lis charm

7 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, this is my new fave!!!!! I love love love this!!! So feminine, beautifully designed, love the photo and Mardi Gras inspiration! Absolutely so gorgeous!! The colors are beautiful!! I love paisley too! Patterns are always so fun to play with! I am so happy you found uses for your flowers! They do work perfect with your golds and omg that dusty attic chipboard treatment is PHRNOMENAL!! (So phenomenal I couldn't spell it right!! Haha) beautifully done my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lisa!! Love all your techniques with the chippies, the beautiful flowers including the beautiful handmade ones. Love everything Lisa!! Wonderful job!!
    Hugs ~~ Mary L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mixture of colors and your close-up photos are done so well that I can almost touch everything! Loving that paisley-the shapes just have a good flow to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Lovely details and gorgeous mix of embossing colours on the chipboard! Beautiful photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That paisley chipboard is the bomb. And altered so uniquely. Brings a wonderful vibrancy to the whole purple theme. Two thumbs up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Lisa!
    I've been admiring your gorgeous layout! Your photo is stunning. I've never done glamour shots but always wanted to 'back in the day'. Your layout is perfectly composed and the flowers truly do add just the right touch. Enjoying the Outdoors has the prettiest purples!! I'm a huge fan of purple as well. Thanks so much for inspiring me with your beautiful layout!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a fabulous glam photo and I love what you've done with those paisley chippies! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!